Our Commitment to Inclusivity
At Package Free, we commit to always listen, learn, grow, collect and provide information, and lend our platform for open dialogue and action that puts inclusivity and accessibility on the forefront of all elements of our business and community.
Education and Community
We believe education is the foundation for positive impact.
We commit to:
- education and training for our team on anti-racism, privilege, bias, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- being an educational resource for all members of our community, to lead by example and to provide information on how people of all backgrounds can reduce waste easily and efficiently in their own lives in the form of: events, campaigns, programs, panels, speaking engagements, and content.
- Share information and resources on how waste reduction can be cost effective, including recipes and DIY instructions on how to make many of our own products.
- ongoing donations of Package Free products and volunteer service to not for profit organizations, hospitals, community groups, and schools to further support environmental values within our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
We are committed to hiring a diverse team. In doing so we exercise equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed worksite employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We seek to hire candidates with all educational experiences. We strive to find ways to attract, develop and retain the talent needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all worksite employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
No legally protected characteristic will be a factor in decisions regarding any of the following:
- Termination of employment
- Compensation and Benefits
- Any other terms or conditions or privileges of employment.
We promote a culture of continuous feedback and improvement encouraging an open dialogue and transparency for our team.
We believe that access to healthy and sustainable products is a basic human right, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, or disability, and that they are not currently largely accessible to all. We are on a mission to change that and to break down barriers of entry to sustainable products.
We are constantly working to lower our price points while maintaining the quality, impact, and effectiveness of our products. As we continue to work towards this, we have implemented Afterpay as a payment plan program to decrease the upfront cost of purchasing products from Package Free.
In 2019, we took on venture partners to grow Package Free and to invest in manufacturing our own products to reduce the upfront cost to the consumer and to make our product assortment more accessible to the masses.
We commit to:
- sourcing from the most ethical, sustainable, and diverse vendors and manufacturers from all over the world.
- Is there a brand that you’d love to see at Package Free? Let us know! Are you a vendor who wants to be a part of our community? Apply to be a vendor here!
- transparent vendor guidelines for all potential Package Free vendors and manufacturers and supporting our vendors and manufacturers with information and guidance on meeting our vendor and manufacturing guidelines.
- selling and manufacturing products that can be effectively utilized by all people regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, or disability.
- continuing to partner with our vendors to actively seek to improve the inclusiveness of their assortments and the sustainability of their brands.
We are driven by positive impact and authenticity to our mission. Doing what is right will always come first.
We commit to:
- Celebrating diversity in our marketing campaigns and social media content.
- consistently working to ensure that our content, education, and resources are widely accessible across dynamic platforms and channels.
- listening, learning, and growing with our community to continue to incorporate all perspectives in our communications.
We’re Constantly Improving:
At Package Free, we acknowledge that we do not have all of the answers, but are committed to transparency, an open dialogue, receiving continuous feedback, improving upon it, and constantly challenging ourselves to do and be better.
We want to hear from you. How do you think we can improve? Reach out to us here!