VP of Marketing - Brooklyn, NY
Package Free Full-Time VP of Marketing - Brooklyn, NY
At Package Free we’re on a mission to make the world less trashy through offering products that help you reduce waste daily.
We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create positive environmental impact. We are proud to call them our friends and constant sources of inspiration.
How do we measure our success? We like to look at the overall impact of the products we are selling. Since opening we’ve kept an estimated 4,025,600 plastic straws, 3,061,240 plastic bags and 1,419,260 non-recyclable bottles and cups out of landfill, to name a few.
We also view success as helping our brands take steps to reduce their waste. We have a strict packaging policy and since opening we have helped many of the brands that we work with to make changes within their companies to reduce plastic usage, packaging, and waste.
VP of Marketing
Drive business performance and predictability through financial planning, value-added reporting and analysis, and financial partnership with key stakeholders throughout the organization. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you’ll do:
- Own P&L and all operational aspects of e-commerce, including growth marketing and digital marketing strategy, content, merchandising, customer experience, website user experience and omni-channel integration touchpoints.
- Manage marketing & e-commerce teams towards roadmap and growth objectives. Partner with operations to develop and mentor current team, build out future team through growth.
- Develop, manage, and execute comprehensive marketing programs while establishing awareness, understanding the insights of the brand and how it differentiates from the competition
- Deliver a strategy which aligns with company wide goals, strengthens the digital brand, and drives revenue and own full Marketing budget and strategy across channels, including Paid Marketing, content, PR, and creative
- Manage a wide array of projects spanning wholesale, social media, licensing/partnerships, merchandising, public relations, E-commerce, advertising, events, etc.
- Orchestrate new marketing launches accompanying a cross-functional team of internal departments and external vendors
- Collaborate with sales, design, merchandising, retail and e-commerce on the adoption of brand strategies and implementation, as well as establish budgets and marketing plans for the organization
- Formulate recommendations for annual cross-channel marketing plan, including merchandising, channel, advertising and promotional strategies
- Devise an innovative roadmap for future ROI for the e-commerce business through the use of CRM, onsite user experience, merchandising strategies, influencer and social media programs to grow the online business
- Work with our existing business partners to enhance website effectiveness
- Oversee social media to increase the awareness of our company to increase traffic in both the retail and internet space
- Track the effectiveness of all online and traditional marketing campaigns
- Lead analytics; CRM, website analytics, SEO to improve website effectiveness and develop KPI’s
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for / with the CEO
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
People & Culture:
- Understand the core values and culture of Package Free Shop and reflect these in all efforts
- Focus, Commitment, Cooperation, Getting it done (roll up sleeves attitude), Integrity, Initiative
- Adaptive to change and comfortable in managing self and others through ambiguity
- Thrives in data-driven culture of healthy debate, committed to candid feedback
- 10+ years in high-growth marketing
- Consumer-facing E-commerce experience for a high growth startup, D2C preferred
- Prior ownership of full P&L with an ecommerce platform (revenue, full marketing and creative budget, end to end team)
- Experience leading both ecommerce and marketing teams during a growth phase, including mentorship and professional development
- Proven track record of balancing the analytical side of Digital, while also leading the Creative side of Brand Marketing/Development
- Strong knowledge of data analytics and data modeling
- Knowledgeable and experienced building, testing, and monitoring a successful ecomm site
- Knowledgeable and experienced with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques
- Strategic mindset; with ability to make difficult decisions
- Quantitative business generalist
- Business school a plus
An interest in Sustainability and Zero Waste.
Benefits & Perks:
- Mission based company and entrepreneurial work environment
- Product discount, company events + parties and much more
- Health benefits
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Package Free to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘VP of Marketing’.
Package Free is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.