Title: Full-Time Stock Lead Position
Location: Brooklyn, NY
At Package Free we’re on a mission to make the world less trashy though offering products that help you reduce waste daily.
We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create a positive environmental impact. We are proud to call them our friends and constant sources of inspiration.
Our Impact: How do we measure our success? We like to look at the overall impact of the products we are selling. Since opening we’ve kept an estimated 4,025,600 plastic straws, 3,061,240 plastic bags and 1,419,260 non-recyclable bottles and cups out of landfill, to name a few.
We also view success as helping our brands take steps to reduce their waste. We have a strict packaging policy and since opening, we have helped many of the brands that we work with to make changes within their companies to reduce plastic usage, packaging, and waste.
Full-Time Stock Lead
Do you thrive in creating an organized environment and have a passion for sustainability and reducing waste? We are looking for just that person to join our Williamsburg retail team. In this role you would be responsible for all stock and inventory procedures, as well as maintaining shipping, visual, and organization standards.
No position at Package Free is about the status quo, every team member is passionate about building a company rooted in excellence. The Stock Supervisor must have excellent organizational, time management, problem-solving, communication skills, and love for sustainability and people. Reporting to the Store Manager, essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What You’ll Do:
- Receive all shipments and deliveries under current procedure, work with Store Manager to build on and help to create similar organizational systems.
- Ensure inventory is accurate and aligned with PFS standards upon shipment arrival.
- Communicate with the Store Manager and Buying team to handle and resolve shipment issues and physical inventory needs.
- Sales and traffic reporting when working MOD shift.
- Manage physical inventory counts and team assigned to them.
- Communicate with Pack and Ship team, Store Manager, and Buying team to ensure product fullness.
- Support merchandising presentation strategy and concept standards
- Ensure the selling floor reflects the brand and concept standards at all times
- Provide real-time and weekly feedback on product and sales performance
- Assist Store Manager in executing maintenance and cleaning tasks.
People & Culture:
- Provide performance feedback to ensure growth, change and results
- Contribute to training and programs that will
- Understand the core values and culture of Package Free and reflect these in all efforts
What You'll Need:
- Ideal Candidate should have 1-2 years of retail/stock experience.
- Managerial/supervisor experience preferred.
- Knowledge & interest in Sustainability and/or Zero-Waste.
- Positive Personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of POS and inventory systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Mission-based company and entrepreneurial work environment
- Product discount, company events + parties and much more
- Health benefits
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Package Free to email@example.com!
Package Free is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.