Title: Executive Assistant to CEO/Office Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reporting to: CEO
At Package Free we help you reduce waste daily.
We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create positive environmental impact. We are proud to call them our friends and constant sources of inspiration.
How do we measure our success? We like to look at the overall impact of the products we are selling. Since opening we’ve kept an estimated 4,025,600 plastic straws, 3,061,240 plastic bags and 1,419,260 non-recyclable bottles and cups out of landfill, to name a few.
We also view success as helping our brands take steps to reduce their waste. We have a strict packaging policy and since opening we have helped many of the brands that we work with to make changes within their companies to reduce plastic usage, packaging, and waste.
Package Free is currently seeking an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to work out of our Brooklyn office. This person will work directly with our CEO and assist in a wide range of important business, travel, scheduling, office management and brand image activities. This is a challenging and exciting position that requires exceptional organization, communication, and problem solving skills. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and proactive with exceptional taste.
The person in this position must be prepared to work hard, wear many different hats, and learn about all aspects of managing the day to day of our PF lifestyle!
What You’ll Do:
- Performs Complex high-level administrative duties including managing executive calendar, managing the office systems, procedures, policies and practices are running smoothly.
- Assist on miscellaneous projects for various departments (including photoshoots, in store events, in home events).
- Entrusted with very confidential/sensitive information.
- Anticipates the executive’s needs and determines necessary resources.
- Exercises independent judgment and employs advanced reasoning skills. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Support Executive on other tasks such as organizing lunch
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and on paper, at the most senior levels of the organization.
- Arrange complex, detailed travel plans and itineraries (international and domestic), secure reservations and accommodations. Knowledge of travel arrangement booking and “hot spots” is preferred.
- Manage Executive’s business/personal calendar and schedule appointments on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Create daily itinerary that includes contact numbers, meeting locations, etc. and memos, meeting agendas and other correspondence
- Perform various administrative duties such as updating directories, faxing, copying, sending/mailing packages or correspondences and track when necessary, proof-reading, filing, ordering supplies and managing all company calendars.
- Responsible for greeting guests, and ensures the office runs effectively, efficiently and maintains a warm welcome environment.
- Effectively work with business partners at every level across the organization
- Working knowledge of the Executive’s Duties and personal and press contacts
- Work on special projects as needed
- Oversee Investor Relations
- Oversee Monthly Town Hall Meetings
- Prepare for in office meetings
- Coordinate and manage investor relationships and reporting
- Oversee social media schedule and coordinate deliverables
- Creation of invoices
- Coordinate photoshoots and create shot lists with marketing team
- Coordinate office supplies and keep pantry stocked
- Create and organize team events
What You’ll Need:
- Must be proficient in Excel and Google Drive
- Must be extremely resourceful with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment
- Must be flexible and have the ability to take direction well, but also have the ability to work proactively and provide self-direction
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably have an interest or background in sustainability
- Photography experience a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Mission based company and entrepreneurial work environment
- Product discount, company events + parties and much more
- Health benefits
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Package Free to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Package Free is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.