Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Package Free Full-Time Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) - Brooklyn, NY
At Package Free we’re on a mission to make the world less trashy through offering products that help you reduce waste daily.
We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create positive environmental impact. We are proud to call them our friends and constant sources of inspiration.
How do we measure our success? We like to look at the overall impact of the products we are selling. Since opening we’ve kept an estimated 4,025,600 plastic straws, 3,061,240 plastic bags and 1,419,260 non-recyclable bottles and cups out of landfill, to name a few.
We also view success as helping our brands take steps to reduce their waste. We have a strict packaging policy and since opening we have helped many of the brands that we work with to make changes within their companies to reduce plastic usage, packaging, and waste.
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Drive business performance and predictability through financial planning, value-added reporting and analysis, and financial partnership with key stakeholders throughout the organization. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you’ll do:
- Drive financial predictability, as measured by the organization’s performance against bi-annual and long-range financial plans, by establishing best-in-class financial planning capabilities and organizational support services.
- Fully develop and manage the company’s bi-annual and long-range financial planning process, ensuring close coordination with the company’s strategic planning and GOI processes, and complete participation/buy-in of key stakeholders across the organization.
- Establish regular reporting and communications across the organization to enable highly efficient/agile reforecasting on a monthly/intra-plan basis, and on an ad hoc basis as required by business conditions.
- Direct a growing team of FP&A professionals responsible for design, build, and continuous improvement of business-critical financial models; drive productive collaboration with other teams throughout the organization to support this work.
- Provide dedicated financial support services and value-added analytical insights through optimal allocation of FP&A resources along organizational (Marketing, Operations, etc.), financial (P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.), and other dimensions as appropriate.
- Serve as a consistent and reliable source of analytical and financial thought leadership to the company’s executive leadership team; constantly strive to build a positive culture of fact-based, financially sound decision making throughout the organization
People & Culture:
- Understand the core values and culture of Package Free Shop and reflect these in all efforts
- Focus, Commitment, Cooperation, Getting it done (roll up sleeves attitude), Integrity, Initiative
- Adaptive to change and comfortable in managing self and others through ambiguity
Thrives in data-driven culture of healthy debate, committed to candid feedback
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-level planning and forecasting models.
- Strong financial acumen and applied knowledge of customer acquisition cost (CAC), payback period measurement, lifetime value (LTV), and all related concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing frameworks and creative financial analysis that simplifies complex business problems and provides actionable business insights.
- Proven leadership capabilities; demonstrated experience managing teams in a collaborative, engaged, enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing the team and others’ time effectively to address high-priority items in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and executive presence; ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates, and executive management.
- Highly organized, with strong process-orientation and attention to detail.
- An interest in Sustainability and Zero Waste.
- 4+ years of highly relevant professional experience in consulting / investment banking and FP&A or corporate finance experience, including experience in a consumer-facing ecommerce company
- Demonstrated excellence in complex financial analysis and 3-statement model building; working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Experience building and leading teams in a fast-paced and rapidly changing operating environment
Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or other business related field; MBA and/or relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA) a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Mission based company and entrepreneurial work environment
- Product discount, company events + parties and much more
- Health benefits
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Package Free to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Director of FP&A’.
Package Free is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.