Package Free Shop Buying Intern- Brooklyn, NY
Who We Are:
Package Free Shop is a lifestyle store aimed at helping shoppers reduce waste in their everyday lives by offering all of the tools and education that individuals need to transition to a low waste lifestyle in one location.
This position supports the Buying Team. In this role you will get exposure to sourcing, buying & planning! Great opportunity for someone looking to start their career in buying who has an interest in sustainability! Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What You'll Do:
- Assist with day-to-day administrative duties of the buying office
- Help with sourcing of products within Package Free Shop's strict sustainability standards
- Work on pop-up events including planning, setting up
- Help to onboard new brands and products from start to finish
- Work with Assistant Buyer on execution of all events on marketing calendar through diligent receipt tracking and follow up
What You'll Need:
- Current college student at 4-year College/University or recent graduate of a 4-year College/University
- Coursework in: Retail Management, Buying, Finance, Marketing
- Prior internship experience is a plus!
- Interest in Buying, Planning & Sourcing
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of retail math
- Knowledge & interest in Sustainability and/or Zero-Waste
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
People & Culture:
- Understand the core values and culture of Package Free Shop and reflect these in all efforts
Benefits & Perks:
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Product discount, company events + parties and much more
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Package Free to email@example.com!
Package Free is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.